Saturday 2 July 2011

WIG? - Place.

MODERN DESIGNERS

DAY 11

Today i was continuing to work on idea development for the trails that will be going through Manchester.

I was primarily typing up all the ideas that were present and adding my own suggestions and ideas. I aimed to be really exhaustive with the ideas so as to provide plenty of options to choose from so that the book wouldn't be repetitive and become boring for the children its targeting.

During the late hours of the afternoon Matt (founder of Modern Designers) gave me a brief for a record sleeve and a poster to be designed and printed for a record of the sound of its own making.

The record is a conceptual art piece and will feature in the Chelsea Postgraduate Summer Art Show so the designs would work in the exhibition as extras. I've drawn up thumbnails and ideas for the designs and pulled out keywords and phrases in the brief to help direct my design work.

Speaking to Matt he directed me towards different ways to be creative with the record sleeves and what options I would have like, designs for the inside of the sleeve, different stocks that would add to the concept of the record and design, different processes of carrying out the designs and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment